25 May 2008

Making Medicare foxy!

Today was my mother's 64th birthday, so my father and I took her out for the day. We took her shoe shopping, to a nice dinner, and to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We all enjoyed the movie so much! It was so much fun and was filled with nostalgia from the older 3 films. I don't know if people around my age have the same connection with Indy that I do, but his trilogy was the first set of action movies with an iconic hero that I ever saw. He was technically my first cinematic hero and my first crush... when I was 5... I think every girl (and queer male) wishes they were Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom... come on, you know you do, too.
This new movie was a wonderful continuation of that heroic journey with tongue in cheek jokes that are cheesey as hell, but totally charming.

So the theme of today was "people in their 60's still kick ass!" in honor of my dear mother and Mr. Harrison Ford who is 65 (eligible for Medicare!). I've been known to find older men attractive (see upcoming post on my love for Mike Rowe), but Harrison Ford is an outlier on the continuum. Perhaps it's just the association of his face with that jerky, brazen, intelligent character, but I still found myself grinning unbearably and wishing I was Karen Allen all over again... like I did when I was 5.





Totally hot.




OMG, STILL TOTALLY HOT!

No comments: